Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Welcome! Family life here in Southern PA is my joy!!! We moved here all the way from AZ in 2006 after a visit here in 2004 where we fell in love with the area. Plain and simple we took a leap of faith. We took 2 years to make the decision to move and it was right on! We have not been sorry for one minute.

We joined the Quaker faith, it's a good fit. Our children attend public school. They enjoy each day and have learned a great deal. We believe however, that what happens outside the classroom is just as important for their futures. We want those experiences to be nurturing and wonderful.

Tim and I have been married 13.5 years! Oh my. We have been parents since 1997 when our first child was born. We became foster parents in 2005 and adoptive parents 2007. We continue to foster children in our home with placements through the county. So far we have had 9 foster children. We will adopt again and hopefully soon!

The theme of my Blog...."Teach only love" is also the name of a book by G. Jampolsky and also from the "Course in Miracles" it's not my main philosophy in life but I have been drawn to it as well as other philosophies that are similar.

Teach Only Love Because That Is What You Are!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Random Thoughts

My little boy was sick this week. Took him to the docs office Tuesday and they were able to get him turned around. He likely has bronchitis but this little boy is challenged with Asthma type symptoms (has not been diagnosed as of yet) whenever he gets sick. He was having a very hard time breathing. His lungs were tight and coughing was painful to watch and listen to. He strained so hard he was using his whole body to cough. He is on an antibiotic that I believe has helped and we had to increase the number of albuterol treatments we do for him. We also use Prendisone in his nebulizer daily. Usually these treatments are frustrating for both of us. He doesn't like to sit through them and if he sits well at all for this treatment I have to have something entertaining on the DVD so he can focus on it. These are times where he is well and not showing any symptoms. We are supposed to do the Prendisolone daily and the albuterol as needed (I prefer the inhaler when we just need it once or twice in a day). Well Tuesday he not only sat the whole time w/o anything on the DVD but he would fall asleep. He slept most of the day. The only plus side was I was able to hold him for long periods of time and just look at him almost like when he was newborn. He is just the most precious boy. Sweet wisps of strawberry blonde hair, beautiful brown eyes, sweet rosy lips and a chubby little round face. He was a little snuggle bunny. So sweet! I was glad when he found his energy and vibrancy again but I do miss the sweet armful of baby boy that was willing to lay there for a duration of time. He is doing much better now but at times he will still let me hold him for few minutes while he sips out of his cup. Childhood woooshes by so fast and I thrill at the moments when I can slow down a bit and watch it more closely and marvel at it.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Anne - How's your little one doing now? Thinking of you! Pep