Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Welcome! Family life here in Southern PA is my joy!!! We moved here all the way from AZ in 2006 after a visit here in 2004 where we fell in love with the area. Plain and simple we took a leap of faith. We took 2 years to make the decision to move and it was right on! We have not been sorry for one minute.

We joined the Quaker faith, it's a good fit. Our children attend public school. They enjoy each day and have learned a great deal. We believe however, that what happens outside the classroom is just as important for their futures. We want those experiences to be nurturing and wonderful.

Tim and I have been married 13.5 years! Oh my. We have been parents since 1997 when our first child was born. We became foster parents in 2005 and adoptive parents 2007. We continue to foster children in our home with placements through the county. So far we have had 9 foster children. We will adopt again and hopefully soon!

The theme of my Blog...."Teach only love" is also the name of a book by G. Jampolsky and also from the "Course in Miracles" it's not my main philosophy in life but I have been drawn to it as well as other philosophies that are similar.

Teach Only Love Because That Is What You Are!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Another day with a bug...

Well I made it through another day. Woke up feeling alright but I had had a few coughing fits in the night and was awake for too long in the dark hours. I was not rested. I had planned to take the kids to the MD Inner Harbour today to do something. Our plans shaped up this morning with the focus on the Science Center. With President's Day off I knew keeping these kid in the house again would not be a good experience. We could take the 1.4 hour drive and walk a half block to get there and spend the day, eat some food someone else prepared... keep the house as clean as it was when we got up and hopefully preserve everyones sanity. It worked for the most part. Having only been there a few times I forgot how crowded it can get. Parking with my oversized an proved a challenge. The usual garages were full and the others didn't have enough clearance. I found a surface lot but ended up not being able to cross over to that side of the street initially and then ended up on a highway to DC? Some of the streets in MD go right into highways w/o any way to get turned around before you are well on your way out of town. Took me a few miles to find a turnoff and got turned around and back to the lot. Yahooo! We got up to the science center and had a 30 minute wait to get tickets. Then the fun began. A bit of food and a really great place to just enjoy. Andrew was a gem! Q our foster son was a bit of a challenge because he was not able to stay with us when we let him roam on his own so he ended up in the stroller more than I really wanted him to be for the sake of keeping him close in a huge huge crowd of people. There were two exhibits at the Science Center we did not partake in... one was the Body Worlds (not sure it's appropriate for the smaller kids so we will travel back at a later date) and IMAX (kids voted it out). The place is so huge though it amounted to a days worth of exploration and we really could have used more time. http://www.mdsci.org/ check it out.
Weather was heavenly this morning which made it a great day to explore. The rain that was hitting the ground stopped right before we left the Science Center so we did not have to get wet to get back to the car. The kids really did show their true colors and behaved well all day. Ahhhh!

I got home and thankfully Tim said "lets go out for dinner!" My favorite words right now. So we did. We are home and I'm totally pooped. I feel better than I did last night but I'm still pretty achy, very tired, and pretty irritable. Not a sign of total health yet but I'm on the way I'm sure.

No comments: